Here is a look at some of the top performances and highlights on the day. We will be providing daily articles as often as possible this season. If you know of an outstanding performance that we may have missed, feel free to send us an email by clicking here.
South Carolina vs. LSU
- The South Carolina Gamecocks defeated the LSU Tigers 4-2 on Saturday night to tie up the series. Tanner English drove in what would eventually be the game-winning RBI on a triple in the top of the ninth. The LSU Tigers had 14 hits on the night but only managed to score two runs in the loss to the Gamecocks.
Final Score: South Carolina 4 – LSU 2
North Carolina vs. NC State
- The top-ranked North Carolina Tar Heels fell to in-state foe, NC State on Saturday. Carlos Rodon improved to 6-2 after striking out 10 in his 6.2 innings pitched. He allowed two runs. Trea Turner, Tarran Senay and Bryan Adametz all had multiple hits in the 7-3 victory.
Final Score: North Carolina 3 – NC State 7
Virginia vs. Virginia Tech
- In another in-state rivalry, the Virginia Tech Hokies solidified a come-from-behind series win over Virginia with a pair of victories in a doubleheader on Saturday. The wins improved the Hokies to 11-13 in ACC play.
Final Score (Game One): Virginia 3 – Virginia Tech 5
Final Score (Game Two): Virginia 6 – Virginia Tech 11
Georgia Tech vs. Clemson
- Georgia Tech defeated Clemson 14-9 on Saturday to salvage the final game of the series. Zane Evans powered the Yellow Jackets offensively with an astounding 6-for-6 performance at the plate including four runs and four RBI.
Final Score: Georgia Tech 14 – Clemson 9
Kentucky vs. Mississippi
- Kentucky took the rubber match over Mississippi on Saturday with a 5-4 victory over the Rebels. Corey Littrell picked up his fifth win of the season after pitching eight innings and allowing three runs as Trevor Gott came in to close out the game for the Wildcats, picking up his 10th save of the year.
Final Score: Kentucky 5 – Mississippi 4
San Francisco vs. San Diego
- San Francisco defeated San Diego 9-8 in an extra inning thriller to improve to second place in the West Coast Conference. Zachary Turner, who was 3-for-5 on the night with four RBI drove in Bradley Zimmer in the top of the tenth to give San Francisco the game-winning run as they improved to 11-6 in conference play.
Final Score: San Francisco 9 – San Diego 8 (10 innings)
Cal Poly vs. Long Beach State
- Long Beach State defeated Cal Poly 3-2 on Saturday night to even up the series. Ryan Millison improved to 2-1 on the season with the win in relief as he pitched 1.2 scoreless innings, striking out two. Both Cal Poly and Long Beach State are 8-6 in conference play heading into Sunday’s rubber match.
Final Score: Cal Poly 2 – Long Beach State 3