Here is a look at some of the top performances and highlights on the day. We will be providing daily articles as often as possible this season. If you know of an outstanding performance that we may have missed, feel free to send us an email by clicking here.
South Carolina vs. LSU
- LSU starting pitcher Aaron Nola was fantastic in the Tigers’ 5-2 victory over South Carolina on Friday night. Nola pitched his third straight complete game in the victory as he allowed just six hits, while striking out eight and walking none as he improved to 8-0 on the year.
Final Score: South Carolina 2 – LSU 5
Georgia Tech vs. Clemson
- The Clemson Tigers clinched the series over the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets in two-straight doubleheader victories on Friday night. The Tigers clinched the series in game two of the doubleheader with a 4-3 extra-inning win over Georgia Tech as shortstop Tyler Krieger drove in an RBI-single to score catcher Garrett Boulware in the bottom of the eleventh.
Final Score (Game One) : Georgia Tech 3 – Clemson 11
Final Score (Game Two) : Georgia Tech 3 – Clemson 4 (11 innings)
Mississippi State vs. Vanderbilt
- Vanderbilt pitcher, Brian Miller picked up his twelfth save of the year in the Commodore’s 3-1 victory over Mississippi State on Friday night, tying Vanderbilt’s single-season save record. Starting pitcher, Kevin Ziomek was also fantastic on the mound for the Commodores as he picked up his eighth win of the season while striking out 10 in seven innings, allowing just four hits.
Final Score: Mississippi State 1 – Vanderbilt 3
UCLA vs. Washington State
- In an extra-inning decision, the UCLA Bruins defeated Washington State 7-6 on Friday night. David Berg improved to 5-0 in the year after a relief appearance of 3.2 innings. The game-winning run was scored by right fielder Eric Filia on a single by catcher Shane Zeile. Notably, Washington State’s Adam Nelubowich was 5-for-6 on the night with two RBI.
Final Score: UCLA 7 – Washington State 6 (11 innings)
Kentucky vs. Mississippi
- The Ole Miss Rebels tied up the SEC series against Kentucky with an 11-5 victory on Friday night. The middle of the Mississippi batting order was tremendous at the plate in the victory as Stuart Turner, Andrew Mistone and Preston Overbey combined for seven hits and nine of the Rebel’s 11 RBI. Mistone in particular went 3-for-4 with five RBI, falling just a home run short of hitting for the cycle.
Final Score: Kentucky 5 – Mississippi 11
Miami vs. Boston College
- The Boston College Eagles picked up their first ACC win with a 1-0 victory over Miami on Friday night, improving to 1-20 in ACC play. The pitcher’s duel resulted in just seven combined hits while Boston College’s Hunter Gordon picked up his first win of the year and Jesse Adams picked up his first save.
Final Score: Miami 0 – Boston College 1
Cal State Fullerton vs. Hawaii
- Hawaii advanced to 4-9 in Big West play as they defeated Cal State Fullerton 4-3 on Friday night. Lawrence Chew picked up his first win of the year in relief as he closed the game out for the Rainbows pitching 1.1 hitless innings to seal the victory.
Final Score: Cal State Fullerton 3 – Hawaii 4