Here is a look at some of the top performances and highlights on the day. We will be providing daily articles as often as possible this season. If you know of an outstanding performance that we may have missed, feel free to send us an email by clicking here.
Kentucky vs. LSU
- The LSU Tigers defeated Kentucky on Sunday to complete the series sweep, improving their record to 30-2 on the season. The Tigers combined for 11 hits, led by JaCoby Jones, who was 3-for-4 on the night with a run and four RBI, including a home run. Cody Glenn picked up his fifth win of the season after going 6.0 innings on the mound for the Tigers.
Final Score: Kentucky 4 – LSU 11
Vanderbilt vs. Mississippi
- In a game that lasted 11 innings, the Vanderbilt Commodores defeated Mississippi 7-6 to complete the series sweep. Connor Harrell scored the game-winning run on a throwing error in the top of the 11th to lead the Commodores to victory. Brian Miller earned the win on the mound, improving his record to 5-0 on the season.
Final Score: Vanderbilt 7 – Mississippi 6 (11 innings)
Oregon State vs. UCLA
- Oregon State took the rubber match over UCLA as they defeated the Bruins 5-2 on Sunday. Ben Wetzler earned the win on the mound for the Beavers and Scott Schultz picked up his seventh save of the season. The Beavers are now 25-5 overall and 7-2 in Pac-12 play so far this season.
Final Score: Oregon State 5 – UCLA 2
Florida State vs. Miami (FL)
- Florida State defeated Miami on Sunday afternoon to take the rubber match. Scott Sitz improved to 6-0 on the season as he pitched eight innings, allowing just one unearned run while striking out five and walking none. Jose Brizuela, Marcus Davis and DJ Stewart all had multiple hits for the Seminoles in the 5-1 victory.
Final Score: Florida State 5 – Miami 1
Oklahoma vs. Texas
- A three-run top of the eighth gave the Oklahoma Sooners the edge they needed to take the rubber match in Austin. Shortstop Jack Mayfield had three hits for the Sooners in the 4-2 victory and second baseman Hector Lorenzana had two RBI. Jacob Evans picked up his fifth save of the year after going 2.0 scoreless innings, allowing just one hit and striking out two to close out the game for the Sooners.
Final Score: Oklahoma 4 – Texas 2
Stanford vs. Southern California
- The University of Southern California held off the Stanford Cardinal on Sunday to salvage the final game of the series. A three-run top of the eighth, put Stanford back in the game before USC responded with what would be the game-winning run in the bottom of the eight. Stanford is now 5-4 in Pac-12 play and Southern California is now 5-7.
Final Score: Stanford 6 – Southern California 7
California vs. Arizona
- The Arizona Wildcats defeated Cal 5-4 on Sunday to sweep the Golden Bears. The series sweep gave the Wildcats their sixth straight Pac-12 win, bringing their conference record to 6-6. Brandon Dixon and Ryan Koziol both had three-hit games for the Wildcats, while four other Arizona players also had multiple hit performances. Tyger Talley earned the win on the mound and Matt Troupe picked up his eighth save of the year.
OFinal Score: California 4 – Arizona 5