Here is a look at some of the top performances and highlights on the day. We will be providing daily articles as often as possible this season. If you know of an outstanding performance that we may have missed, feel free to send us an email by clicking here.
Kentucky vs. LSU
- The LSU Tigers defeated Kentucky 9-1 on Saturday night to clinch the series and to improve to a record of 29-2, the best start in program history. Junior right-handed pitcher Ryan Eades was fantastic on the mound, going 8.2 innings allowing just four hits as he improved to 7-0 on the season.
Final Score: Kentucky 1 – LSU 9
Vanderbilt vs. Mississippi
- Vanderbilt defeated Ole Miss 2-1 on Saturday to clinch the SEC series over the Rebels. Sophomore Tyler Beede earned the win on the mound for the Commodores as he improved to 8-0 on the year. Tony Kemp, Conrad Gregor and Mike Yastrzemski were all fantastic at the plate as each had multiple hits to lead Vanderbilt offensively.
Final Score: Vanderbilt 2 – Mississippi 1
Oregon vs. Arizona State
- ASU clinched the Pac-12 series over Oregon with a 14-9 victory on Saturday night. Freshman pitcher, Ryan Kellogg improved to 7-0 on the year as he struck out five in his 7.1 innings pitched. The Sun Devils were led offensively by Michael Benjamin and Max Rossiter, each of whom had three hits on the night.
Final Score: Oregon 9 – Arizona State 14
Florida State vs. Miami (FL)
- Florida State fell to Miami 6-0 on Saturday, tying the series up with one win a piece. Miami’s Bryan Radziewski earned the win on the mound as he struck out 8 batters in 7.0 innings pitched, allowing just four hits. Alex Hernandez and Alex San Juan led the Hurricanes offensively as each accounted for two hits and two runs on the night.
Final Score: Florida State 0 – Miami 6
Oklahoma vs. Texas
- Texas topped Oklahoma 1-0 on Saturday night to even the series. Dillon Peters picked up the win for the Longhorns as he allowed just two hits in his 7.2 innings pitched. Ben Johnson scored Mark Gottsacker in the bottom of the fifth in what was the only run of the night to lead the Longhorns offensively in a game that saw just seven combined hits.
Final Score: Oklahoma 0 – Texas 1
Arkansas vs. Alabama
- Alabama salvaged the last game of the SEC series against Arkansas as they shut out the Razorbacks 5-0 in Tuscaloosa on Saturday. Spencer Turnbull picked up his fourth win of the year as he allowed just five hits in his 7.0 innings pitched. Georgie Salem and Brett Booth led the Crimson Tide offensively as they accounted for four of the five Alabama runs.
Final Score: Arkansas 0 – Alabama 5
Florida vs. Mississippi State
- Mississippi State defeated Florida 2-0 on Saturday to clinch the SEC series. Kendall Graveman pitched a complete game shutout for the Bulldogs as he allowed just five hits on the game. Adam Frazier, Alex Detz and Brett Pirtle led the Bulldogs offensively, as each had multiple hits on the night.
Final Score: Florida 0 – Mississippi State 2