FROM CBB NEWS SOURCE
Zack Cox Arkansas Sophomore 3B Louisville, Ky.
• Powered the Razorback offense in sweeps of McNeese State and Alabama with a .556 batting average, 10 hits, eight RBI, .944 slugging percentage and .667 on-base percentage.
• Posted a career-high six RBI in Arkansas’ series-opening win against Alabama…had the game-tying RBI in all three of Arkansas’ wins against the Crimson Tide…tied a season high with three hits in the finale against McNeese and opener against Alabama.
• Extended his season-opening hit streak to 23 games…three multi-hit games this week pushes season total to 12…second in the SEC with his .435 batting average.
PITCHER OF THE WEEK
Sonny Gray Vanderbilt Sophomore RHP Smyrna, Tenn.
• Gray handcuffed No. 21 Kentucky for seven innings Friday night, holding the Wildcats to just four hits while striking out six and walking three in the Commodores 7-0 win.
• He didn’t allow a runner to third base, with the four hits allowed singles, including one of the infield variety. It is the second combined shutout Gray has thrown this season.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
Alex Yarbrough Ole Miss IF Allen, Texas
• Yarbrough was a critical piece of the Rebels’ 4-1 performance on the week and series win over No. 2 Florida on the weekend as he hit .450 with a .550 slugging percentage and a .520 on base percentage … Posted four multiple-hit games for the Rebels and reached base in all five games for a .520 on base %.
• Started the week off with a bang, going 3-for-5 with three runs scored to help the Rebels down Southern Miss at Trustmark Park … Followed that up with a 2-for-4 performance and reached base four times in a win over Saint Louis … Went 2-for-4 and scored the first run for the Rebels in the first inning against Florida on Friday night in a 3-2 win over the second-ranked Gators … Opened Friday’s game with a single
and a steal before scoring … Was 2-for-4 with three RBI in Saturday’s series clinching win against the Gators.