Here are some of my Random Thoughts from the second day of action at the CWS. Some of these things are not good enough to be included in the regular recap.
- Pat Murphy is a hilarious dude. His press conference today was just classic as he loves the pulled pork sandwiches at Rosenblatt which he states he ate during the second inning. Anyone got video of this?
- You have to feel for Garrett Gore for dropping that flyball this afternoon.
- How about Southern Miss never giving up today against the Longhorns? What a bunch of solid baseball players on that team!
- Both of the games today were absolute classics and I bet many people watched a boring NBA finals game over that Texas and Southern Miss game.
- The top five hitters in the Southern Miss lineup only went 2-19 at the plate with two runs scored and a single RBI