Lees spent the last 11 years on the coaching staff at Oregon State, including the last three as the Beavers’ associate head coach. He worked primarily as the defensive coach for infielders and catchers and also served the last six years as the team’s recruiting coordinator. Continue reading
FROM CBD NEWS SOURCE
STILLWATER, Okla.- Oklahoma State has named Josh Holliday the 15th head baseball coach in program history, it was announced today by OSU Vice President for Athletic Programs Mike Holder.
The 35-year old Oklahoma State alumnus and native of Stillwater has served the last three seasons as an assistant coach at Vanderbilt and follows Frank Anderson, who spent the last nine years as the Cowboys’ head coach. Continue reading
FROM CBD NEWS SOURCE
LUBBOCK, Texas —The College Baseball Hall of Fame announced Friday the 25 pitchers on the newest edition of the Pitcher of the Year Award Watch List.
The winner of the Pitcher of the Year Award, sponsored by Diamond Sports, will be announced on June 30 in Lubbock, Texas, as part of the annual College Baseball Night of Champions. The event features the presentation of numerous awards and the induction ceremony for this year’s Hall of Fame class.
“The pitchers on this list continue to demonstrate excellence on the mound,” said award co-chair Landon Holly. “As we’ve progressed through the season, we’ve been able to narrow down the list, but we’ve also added some players who’ve excelled in the second half of the regular season.”
MORGANTOWN, W.Va – The National Collegiate Baseball Writers Association (NCBWA) released its National Player of the Week awards for the period ending May 8, today. Utah Valley senior first baseman Goose Kallunki was named National Hitter of the Week, while Oklahoma State junior left-hander Andrew Heaney was named National Pitcher of the Week. The NCBWA Board reviews candidates from each Division I Conference each week and names winners each Tuesday throughout the season. Continue reading
Baylor vs. Oral Roberts (Postponed)
- Doubleheader scheduled for tomorrow, starting at 12:05 PM.
Kansas 3 Bowling Green 1 (Game 1)
- Kansas took the lead in the seventh on a two-run single from LF Tucker Tharp.
- SS Kevin Kuntz led the Jayhawks with two hits. Kansas had six hits total.
- Freshman LHP Wes Benjamin picked up the win in his first career start, going seven innings and allowing only one run on five hits. Benjamin walked one and struck out three.
- Tanner Poppe picked up his first save of the season, allowing a hit and striking out a batter in the ninth. Continue reading
One of the biggest upsets of the day was between two ACC teams with Boston College beating Virginia 5-3 behind sophomore Eric Stevens who pitched six innings giving up three runs on seven hits. Leading the Eagles offense was a Spenser Payne three run homer in a four run fourth inning. Continue reading
- Baylor scored a pair in the 8th off a Josh Ludy RBI single and Michael Howard RBI walk.
- Baylor’s 1-4 hitters were 6-12, with four walks, three runs, and two RBI. The remaining hitters were 0-16 with a pair of walks and an RBI.
- 1B Max Muncy was 2-2 with two walks and a run.
- RHP Josh Turley only last 4.2 innings, but he only gave up five hits and allowed a pair of unearned runs. Trent Blank was excellent in relief, picking up the victory with 3.1 innings of work, allowing one hit and a pair of walks. Dillon Newman picked up the save with a perfect ninth. Continue reading
Opening weekend is upon us once again. Here is a preview of the Big 12, including pitching probables and a few players to look out for on each team. Continue reading
FROM CBD NEWS SOURCE
Texas A&M has been unanimously selected as the preseason favorite to win the 2012 Big 12 baseball regular season title. In a vote by the league’s head coaches, the Aggies earned eight first place votes, totaling 64 points. In 2011, TAMU made its fifth College World Series appearance, claimed its second-straight Big 12 postseason crown and earned a share of the regular season title. The Aggies are ranked in the top 10 of all four preseason national polls entering the 2012 campaign. Continue reading