February 15th this year marked the start of the Division 1 College Baseball season. Here are some of the top performances and highlights on the day. We will be providing daily articles as often as possible this season. If you know of an outstanding performance ever that we might miss feel free to send us an email by clicking here. Read the rest of this entry »
CHICAGO – University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) alum and current New York Yankee centerfielder Curtis Granderson has pledged the funding for a new multi-million dollar baseball stadium on the campus of UIC. The facility will be home for Flames Baseball, but more importantly, is intended to serve area youth and the Chicago community. Partnerships with Major League Baseball (MLB), Chicago Public Schools (CPS) and various youth organizations will provide access to the aptly named “Curtis Granderson Stadium” for a multitude of events. Read the rest of this entry »
Baylor vs. Oral Roberts (Postponed)
- Doubleheader scheduled for tomorrow, starting at 12:05 PM.
Kansas 3 Bowling Green 1 (Game 1)
- Kansas took the lead in the seventh on a two-run single from LF Tucker Tharp.
- SS Kevin Kuntz led the Jayhawks with two hits. Kansas had six hits total.
- Freshman LHP Wes Benjamin picked up the win in his first career start, going seven innings and allowing only one run on five hits. Benjamin walked one and struck out three.
- Tanner Poppe picked up his first save of the season, allowing a hit and striking out a batter in the ninth. Read the rest of this entry »
- Baylor scored a pair in the 8th off a Josh Ludy RBI single and Michael Howard RBI walk.
- Baylor’s 1-4 hitters were 6-12, with four walks, three runs, and two RBI. The remaining hitters were 0-16 with a pair of walks and an RBI.
- 1B Max Muncy was 2-2 with two walks and a run.
- RHP Josh Turley only last 4.2 innings, but he only gave up five hits and allowed a pair of unearned runs. Trent Blank was excellent in relief, picking up the victory with 3.1 innings of work, allowing one hit and a pair of walks. Dillon Newman picked up the save with a perfect ninth. Read the rest of this entry »
Opening weekend is upon us once again. Here is a preview of the Big 12, including pitching probables and a few players to look out for on each team. Read the rest of this entry »
FROM CBD NEWS SOURCE
The Wright State baseball team has been picked to win the 2012 Horizon League title as the Preseason Coaches Poll was announced Tuesday afternoon by the league office. Read the rest of this entry »
FROM CBD NEWS SOURCE
CHICAGO, Ill. – The UIC baseball team released its 2012 schedule Tuesday, as the Flames look to be challenged early by tough non-conference opponents. UIC will play 10 different schools from eight separate leagues throughout its non-conference slate. Read the rest of this entry »
FROM CBD NEWS SOURCE
CHICAGO – Former UIC baseball players Steven Humble and Eric Wyman are rejoining the program in new roles as volunteer assistant coaches, head coach Mike Dee announced Wednesday. Humble played two seasons for the Flames in 2009 and 2010, while Wyman pitched from 2008 through 2011. Read the rest of this entry »
College Baseball Daily throughout the season will be providing our Quick Hits on games throughout the country. Special thanks to William Knox and Mark Rafferty for contributing to this report. As always, follow us on Twitter @CB_Daily for instant reaction and the best up to minute coverage on college baseball in the country. We also have a Facebook page which can be joined by clicking here. Read the rest of this entry »
#7 Florida State 6 UCF 1
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – Florida State donned its customary home gold uniforms for Sunday’s critical series-finale against UCF, but it sure did feel like a “Throwback” day at Dick Howser Stadium. Read the rest of this entry »
UCF 14 #7 Florida State 10
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (UCFAthletics.com) – Senior Jonathan Griffin’s mammoth grand slam capped off a seven-run seventh in UCF’s wild 14-10 victory at No. 6 Florida State (35-12) Saturday. It was the Knights’ (29-18) third victory against a top-10 team this season (defeated top-five Florida twice), and they now have seven victories over ranked opponents on the year, which are the most since the 2004 roster also produced seven wins. Read the rest of this entry »
Then, once you have that down, learn how to spell it.
Don’t complain about the wind in Taylor Stadium; it’s just a byproduct of Rob Zastryzny sprinting his way to notoriety in Columbia, MO. In the Missouri freshman’s third start of the year, he allowed two runs over 5 1/3 innings, on par with his season’s numbers coming in – 10.2 innings pitched and four earned runs allowed. Read the rest of this entry »