Here is your ACC Weekend Rotations and Predictions. Continue reading ACC Weekend Rotations and Predictions
The ACC opens up conference play with only one series featuring ranked squads with #6 ranked North Carolina Tar Heels heading north to play the 17th ranked Clemson Tigers. The other weekend series see the #8 ranked Florida State Seminoles heading to Duke, #9 ranked Georgia Tech heading to NC State, Boston College visiting #14 ranked Miami (FL), Virginia Tech going to #27 Virginia, and #30 ranked Maryland visiting Wake Forest. Continue reading ACC Weekend Preview (March 9th-11th)
Here are some of my top highlights from action on March 2nd. Continue reading CBD Quick Hits for March 2nd
FROM NCBWA RELEASE
MORGANTOWN, W.Va – The National Collegiate Baseball Writers Association (NCBWA) released its National Player of the Week awards for the period ending February 19, today. Central Michigan senior catcher William Arnold was named National Hitter of the Week, while Duke sophomore right-hander Robert Huber was named National Pitcher of the Week. The NCBWA Board reviews candidates from each Division I Conference each week and names winners each Tuesday throughout the season. Continue reading NCBWA releases National Players of the Week
One of the things heading into the weekend that I wanted to see was how dominate Marcus Stroman would be with the Duke Blue Devils as a starting pitcher. He was far from dominant in his first start of the year on Saturday, lasting only five innings giving up three runs on four hits and six walks against the Texas Longhorns. I still believe he will be a great reliever but doesn’t have the type of stuff to be a starting pitcher but that is just my opinion. The Blue Devils ended up losing that game 4-0 in seven innings before dropping the nightcap 5-3. Continue reading CBD Quick Hits for Feb. 18th
Baylor vs. Oral Roberts (Postponed)
- Doubleheader scheduled for tomorrow, starting at 12:05 PM.
Kansas 3 Bowling Green 1 (Game 1)
- Kansas took the lead in the seventh on a two-run single from LF Tucker Tharp.
- SS Kevin Kuntz led the Jayhawks with two hits. Kansas had six hits total.
- Freshman LHP Wes Benjamin picked up the win in his first career start, going seven innings and allowing only one run on five hits. Benjamin walked one and struck out three.
- Tanner Poppe picked up his first save of the season, allowing a hit and striking out a batter in the ninth. Continue reading Big 12 Quick Hits 2/18
Game 1: #3 North Carolina 10 Xavier 2
Carolina took a commanding four-run lead after the first inning in game one and never looked back en route to a 10-2 season-opening victory over Xavier.
Tommy Coyle opened the year as he finished 2011 by reaching base safely for the 30th consecutive game with a single to left field in the first. Colin Moran followed with a single of his own before Cody Stubbs was hit by a pitch to load the bases for Jacob Stallings. Continue reading ACC Recap for Feb. 17th
- Baylor scored a pair in the 8th off a Josh Ludy RBI single and Michael Howard RBI walk.
- Baylor’s 1-4 hitters were 6-12, with four walks, three runs, and two RBI. The remaining hitters were 0-16 with a pair of walks and an RBI.
- 1B Max Muncy was 2-2 with two walks and a run.
- RHP Josh Turley only last 4.2 innings, but he only gave up five hits and allowed a pair of unearned runs. Trent Blank was excellent in relief, picking up the victory with 3.1 innings of work, allowing one hit and a pair of walks. Dillon Newman picked up the save with a perfect ninth. Continue reading Big 12 Notes 2/17
Opening weekend is upon us once again. Here is a preview of the Big 12, including pitching probables and a few players to look out for on each team. Continue reading Big 12 Weekend Preview 2/17-2/19
Here is your weekly look into the ACC as we open up the 2012 season. This will be very short this week as we are entering the first week of play and you can check out our full ACC season preview by clicking here. Continue reading ACC Weekend Preview (Feb. 17th-19th)