The Rice Owls are hosting an NCAA Regional this weekend with intrastate rivals Texas and Texas A&M joining with George Mason to round out the regional. Continue reading
By: Rudy Jones
- No. 1 seed South Carolina (42-16). 2. Maryland (36-21). 3. Old Dominion (36-24). 4. Campbell (40-19)
- South Carolina is making the 30th NCAA Tournament appearance in school history and is in the tournament for the 15th consecutive season.
- Maryland is making its fourth NCAA Tournament appearance all-time, but its first since 1971.
- Old Dominion is making its eighth NCAA appearance all-time, but first since 2000.
- Campbell won the Big South Conference Tournament championship to earn the school’s third NCAA appearance and first since 1990.
FROM CBD NEWS SOURCE
NEW ORLEANS – Tulane baseball head coach Rick Jones, who led the Green Wave baseball program to 12 NCAA appearances and 818 victories over the last 21 years and became one of the most decorated collegiate baseball coaches in the sport, announced his retirement today from the coaching ranks, effective immediately.
“In making this announcement, Tulane is losing one of its coaching icons today,” Tulane Director of Athletics Rick Dickson said. “The standard created by Rick Jones over the last 21 years is exemplary and stands tall not only for Tulane but all of college baseball.” Continue reading
Justin Beasley shadowed the Middle Tennessee baseball managers this past weekend to reveal their attention to detail and countless hours of hard work.
This is it, the final weekend of the regular season for CUSA baseball. The regular season title comes down to Rice and UAB. At 20-7, Rice sits one game ahead of UAB who is 19-8 in conference. Rice swept UAB earlier in the year so they would win any sort of tie-breaker. Southern Miss could tie Rice with three wins this weekend, but Rice holds the head-to-head tie breaker over them as well.
The CUSA season is getting close the end and things are starting to shake up as you would expect with the Rice Owls atop the conference. However, the conference has been balanced and several teams remain in the mix for the regular season crown. With just three weeks left there will be some interesting matchups as some teams try to pad their postseason resume. Continue reading
Old Dominion picked up a huge 8-1 victory last night over Virginia. ODUSports.com writer Rich Radord wrote a great feature on the win and how important it is which can be viewed by clicking here.