Here is a look at some of the top performances and highlights on the day. We will be providing daily articles as often as possible this season. If you know of an outstanding performance that we may have missed, feel free to send us an email by clicking here.
LSU vs. Arkansas
- Ryne Stanek was phenomenal on the mound for Arkansas as the Razorbacks defeated the Tigers 8-3 on Saturday, handing the Tigers just their third loss of the season. A three-run home run by Jake Wise in the top of the fourth gave the Razorbacks a lead that they never lost. The Tigers and Razorbacks face off in the rubber match of the series on Sunday afternoon.
Final Score: LSU 3 – Arkansas 8
North Carolina vs. Virginia Tech
- It took extra innings for North Carolina to clinch the ACC series over Virginia Tech on Saturday as the Tar Heels defeated the Hokies 9-8 in extra innings. Third baseman Colin Moran scored on a wild pitch in the top of the tenth to give the Tar Heels the winning run. Trent Thorton picked up the win in relief, improving to 8-0 on the season.
Final Score: North Carolina 9 – Virginia Tech 8 (10 innings)
Virginia vs. Georgia Tech
- The Cavaliers held the Yellow Jackets to just four hits on Saturday as they defeated Georgia Tech 7-2 to tie up the series at a game each. Scott Silverstein improved to 6-0 on the season as he pitched 7.0 innings, striking out nine. Derek Fisher and Reed Gragnani both had three hits and three RBI to power the Cavaliers offensively.
Final Score: Virginia 7 – Georgia Tech 2
South Carolina vs. Florida
- The Florida Gators defeated the Gamecocks 14-5 on Saturday to close the door on the SEC series, sweeping South Carolina with three straight wins. The Gamecocks left 13 runners on base in the loss. Florida had a tremendous 10-run bottom of the sixth to close the gate on South Carolina. The win brought the Gators above .500 in both their season and SEC records.
Final Score: South Carolina 5 – Florida 14
Tennessee vs. Kentucky
- The Tennessee Vols defeated the Kentucky Wildcats on Saturday to force a rubber match in the SEC series. Tennessee starter Nick Williams earned the win after pitching 7.0 innings, striking out six. A three-hit, three-RBI night by shortstop A.J. Simcox powered the Vols offensively in the 10-9 victory.
Final Score: Tennessee 10 – Kentucky 9
Indiana vs. Michigan State
- In the second extra inning game of the series, the Michigan State Spartans defeated the Indiana Hoosiers 6-5 in 10 innings. Justin Alleman improved to 2-2 on the season after picking up the win in relief for the Spartans, pitching two hitless innings of relief. The win moved the Spartans to 4-4 in Big 10 play while clinching the series.
Final Score: Indiana 5 – Michigan State 6 (10 innings)
Arizona State vs. USC
- The Arizona State Sun Devils bounced back from being one-hit on Friday night to defeat the USC Trojans 6-3 in game two of the Pac-12 series. You can read more on the game HERE by checking out Shotgun Spratling’s recap including video interviews.
Final Score: Arizona State 6 – USC 3