BAYLOR 3, ORAL ROBERTS 2
- Baylor scored a pair in the 8th off a Josh Ludy RBI single and Michael Howard RBI walk.
- Baylor’s 1-4 hitters were 6-12, with four walks, three runs, and two RBI. The remaining hitters were 0-16 with a pair of walks and an RBI.
- 1B Max Muncy was 2-2 with two walks and a run.
- RHP Josh Turley only last 4.2 innings, but he only gave up five hits and allowed a pair of unearned runs. Trent Blank was excellent in relief, picking up the victory with 3.1 innings of work, allowing one hit and a pair of walks. Dillon Newman picked up the save with a perfect ninth.
KANSAS 7, MIDDLE TENNESSEE STATE 3
- Kansas’ victory gave head Coach Ritch Price his 300th career victory.
- Kansas 3B Kevin Kuntz, son of Rusty Kuntz, picked up three hits, including a double. DH Jordan Dreiling collected two, while C Alex DeLeon also had two hits to go along with four RBI thanks to a three-run double in the sixth.
- The Jayhawk bullpen provided a solid 3.1 innings of work, allowing only one hit and two walks while striking out four by a trio of relievers.
- Tanner Poppe made his debut in the rear of the Kansas bullpen, striking out a pair of batters in the ninth.
AUBURN 5, MISSOURI 2
- The Tigers dropped their opener to a future conference teammate, striking out 14 times in the contest.
- Auburn P Derek Varnadore struck out 11 Tigers in seven innings.
- LF Dane Opel led Missouri with a pair of hits.
- CF Blake Brown hit a solo home run for the Tigers in the 8th, his first on the season and ninth of his career.
OKLAHOMA 4, PEPPERDINE 3
- Sooners fell behind 2-0 early before running off four runs to take, and hold the lead.
- Dillon Overton started on the mound for Oklahoma, but yielded to Jordan John with two outs in the fifth. John struck out three and allowed only two hits in 3.1 innings.
- Damien Magnifico made his anticipated debut for the Sooners, striking out a batter, and allowing a walk and hit in the ninth, but keeping the Waves off the scoreboard for the save.
- Freshman C Hunter Lockwood picked up a pair of hits in his first game, joining fellow newcomers Matt Oberste and Garrett Carey with multiple hits.
CAL POLY 6, OKLAHOMA STATE 0
- Cowboy starting pitcher Andrew Heaney gave up just four hits and one earned run over seven innings of work. Heaney walked a trio of Mustangs, but picked up ten strikeouts.
- Reliever Jake Abbott got into quick trouble in the eighth, loading up the bases before giving up a two-run single and two-run double.
- The Cowboys were held to only a pair of hits on the night from Hunter Bailey and Mark Ginther.
TEXAS vs. DUKE
- PPD due to rain. Teams will play a double header beginning at 2 PM on Saturday.
TEXAS A&M 7, ILLINOIS-CHICAGO 0 Susp. B6
- A&M 1B Jacob House got the scoring kicked off with a two-run home run in the first. LF Brandon Wood added a solo shot in the bottom of the sixth before play was suspended due to rain.
- RHP Michael Wacha struck out eight and walked three over 5.2 innings of work before Esteven Uriegas recorded the final out prior to suspension. Illinois-Chicago had only one hit off Wacha during his time on the mound.
- 3B Matt Juengel collected three hits on the night. Wood, House, and SS Mikey Reynolds all had two hits during the game.
TEXAS TECH 4, MISSOURI STATE 1
- RHPs Duke Von Schamann and Trey Masek combined to throw a one-hitter for the Red Raiders. The duo combined for nine strikeouts and one walk.
- Missouri State’s only run scored after a Barrett Barnes error on a fly ball to center field.
- Texas Tech didn’t waste time scoring, going up 2-0 after only six pitches. Jamodrick McGruder led off with a bunt single, followed by Barnes with a monster double off the left field wall. Reid Redman hit a first-pitch single through the right side to score both runs.
- Freshman SS Tim Proudfoot picked up his first career hit with a two-run triple to left center in the eighth.