College Baseball Daily throughout the season will be providing our Quick Hits on games throughout the country. Special thanks to William Knox and Mark Rafferty for contributing to this report. As always, follow us on Twitter @CB_Daily for instant reaction and the best up to minute coverage on college baseball in the country.
- Oregon State lefty Josh Osich tossed the fourth no-hitter in school history as he outdueled UCLA’s Trevor Bauer in a 2-0 victory. Osich allowed only one walk in his no-innings of work while striking out 13 batters. The no-hitter was the first in school history since the 1947 campaign, when Fred Gallagher no-hit Montana. It is the first by a Pac-10 pitcher against a fellow conference opponent since Stanford’s Jason Middlebrook no-hit UCLA in 1994.
- UNLV’s Joe Robinson tossed a complete game one-hitter in a 4-1 win over New Mexico. It was Robinson’s second straight complete game and seventh by the Rebels this season.
- The struggles continue at Cal-State Fullerton as the Titans dropped a game on Saturday night to Pacific by a score of 8-7. The Titans started only five out of their everyday nine starters in the game and have been hammered with injuries recently. Since April 21st, the Titans are 2-4 with two losses to Cal-Poly, single losses to San Diego and Pacific.
- Boston College picked up a shocking 5-4 victory over Virginia on Saturday. The Eagles have been hammered throughout the 2011 season with injuries which led to third string catcher Nate LaPointe getting the start behind the plate. He delivered with a second inning three run homer which was the first of his career. Anthony Melchionda drove home the winning run with a double in the bottom of the 11th inning which brought home Matt McGovern from first base.
- South Florida got a go-ahead two run homer in the fourth inning from Todd Brazeal to defeat St. John’s 5-2. The win by the Bulls clinches the series against the Red Storm. Kevin Quackenbush pitched a scoreless ninth inning to pick up his 11th save of the season.
We will be running a Live Chat tonight at 8pm Eastern/5pm Pacific and you can sign up for a reminder below.