College Baseball Daily throughout the season will be providing our Quick Hits on games throughout the country. Special thanks to William Knox and Mark Rafferty for contributing to these reports. As always, follow us on Twitter @CB_Daily for instant reaction and the best up to minute coverage on college baseball in the country.
- North Carolina who was everyone’s darlings last weekend took it to the chin this week to NC State. The Wolfpack emphatically completed the sweep on Sunday 10-2. We should see how far the Tar Heels will tumble this week in the polls.
- LSU finally got into the win column by defeating Auburn 3-2 on Sunday at Alex Box Stadium. The victory was the Bayou Tigers fourth SEC win of the season while upping their overall record to 23-14.
- Oregon State for the second straight weekend made a major statement in the Pac-10 by sweeping the Stanford Cardinal. The Beavers are now 8-1 in conference play which gives them a two game lead in the loss column over Cal and UCLA.
- Things are much different in Eugene though as the Oregon Ducks ended up losing the final two games of their three game series against USC. The Ducks are now 2-7 in conference play which puts them in a tie for eighth place in the conference. This is a major surprise this season for them since they had such a strong year in 2010.
- Texas picked up a come from behind victory over Texas Tech on Sunday afternoon to take the rubber game between the squads. CB Senior Writer William Knox caught up with Texas Tech starter Brennan Stewart after the game to discuss his outing.