FROM CBB NEWS SOURCE
Joe Loftus • Vanderbilt
So. • OF • Savage, Minn.
• Went 6-for-14 (.429) with two doubles, a triple, a homer, seven RBI and four runs scored. He was a single away from the cycle on Friday night (double, triple, HR in first three at bats) and notched a career best five RBI.
• Came up with the game-winning two-out, two-run single in the eighth inning of Sunday’s series-clinching 4-3 win over the Tigers.
PITCHER OF THE WEEK
Mike Bolsinger • Arkansas
Sr. • RHP • McKinney, Texas
• Tossed a career-high eight innings en route to earning the win in series finale at No. 11 Ole Miss…tallied a career-high 11 strikeouts, bettering his previous mark of eight set last season…10 of his 11 strikeouts were swinging.
• Gave up just two hits, singles in the second and eighth innings…allowed just two base runners to reach second…struck out the side twice…first start since April 2…helped give Arkansas its second shutout of the season and first during conference play.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
Jordan Cooper • Kentucky
RHP • Shelbyville, Tenn.
• After Kentucky fell in the series-opening to No. 4 South Carolina on Friday, UK turned the ball over to freshman Jordan Cooper for his third career SEC start Saturday … Cooper responded to shutdown the Gamecocks, helping UK even the series with his third win of the season, handing USC its first series loss in 10 SEC weekends, dating back to 2009 … Tossed a career-high 6.2 innings, allowing only four hits and one run, walking two and striking out a career-best five.
• With Cooper dueling with South Carolina standout Sam Dyson, the two strong-armed right-handers posted four consecutive scoreless innings to start the game. … In his six starts the season, Cooper owns a 2.49 ERA.