FROM CBB NEWS SOURCE
PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Trent Mummey • Auburn
Junior • OF • Pinson, Ala.
• Hit. .500 (7-for-14) with three home runs, six runs scored and six RBI as Auburn won a midweek game over Samford and won its series at No. 7 Arkansas in what is being regarded nationally as the biggest series victory of the weekend for any team, also vaulting Auburn back into the Top 25.
• Two of Mummey’s homeruns came in the Arkansas series where he also drove in three runs.
PITCHER OF THE WEEK
Brett Huber • Ole Miss
Freshman • RHP • Belleville, Ill.
• Huber was critical to the Rebels running their win streak to 10 games and sweeping Mississippi State in Starkville for the first time since 1972 (38 years) … It also marks the first back-to-back SEC sweeps for Ole Miss since the 2006 season … The wins pushed Ole Miss to the top of the SEC West standings in a tie with Arkansas.
• Notched a win and two saves to help the Rebels to a 5-0 week … Picked up saves against Mississippi State on Friday and Saturday … Picked up win in extra inning game versus Murray State…entered in 9th inning until UM won on walk-off HR in bottom of 10th.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
Brian Johnson • Florida
LHP/DH • Cocoa Beach, Fla.
• Helped Florida complete its first sweep of No. 9 LSU since 1996 by picking up the victory on the mound on Sunday and hitting .429 (3-for-7) at the plate during the series…Worked 6.1 innings in the finale, giving up nine hits and three runs (two earned), with four strikeouts and zero walks…Belted his first career grand slam as part of a 2-for-4, four-RBI effort in game three…Went 1-for-3 and matched his career high of two runs in Friday’s opener.
• Has now faced No. 4 Arkansas (7.0 IP, 0 R, 3 H) and No. 9 LSU (6.1 IP, 2 ER, 9 H) in consecutive starts…Johnson is 4-2 with a 2.90 ERA and boasts a 35:9 strikeout-to-walk ratio…He is tied for the team lead with three wins in SEC play, where he is 3-1 and with a team-best 1.80 ERA.