FROM CBB NEWS SOURCE
Hunter Morris • Auburn
Junior • IF • Huntsville, Ala.
• .625 (10-for-16) with a double and four home runs during the series sweep at Georgia …Drove in 14 runs during the three-game series, including a team-high nine on Friday.
• Had a 1.438 slugging percentage on the weekend and also had two stolen bases…Was 4-for-6 with 5 RBI on Friday and 5-for-6 with nine RBI on Sunday…His four home runs on the weekend gives him 31 for his career, which is 10th all-time at Auburn.
• Is hitting a team-best .425 on the year, which is third in the SEC, and has a .793 slugging percentage, which is second in the league only to teammate Brian Fletcher.
PITCHER OF THE WEEK
Drew Pomeranz • Ole Miss
Junior • LHP • Collierville, Tenn.
• Pomeranz threw 6.0 innings of shutout baseball and struck out 9 batters in his time on the mound … He helped push the Rebels to the program’s first series win at Kentucky since 2002 … He retired the first eight batters faced and only gave up one hit and two walks … No batters advanced past second in his time on the mound as he held UK to a .050 batting average against
• The shutout extended a streak of scoreless innings pitched by UM against UK to 18.0 innings and 24.0 innings without an earned run given up dating back to the 2009 season against UK … The shutout was one of only two on the weekend in the SEC.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
Tyler Webb • South Carolina
LHP • Nassawodox, Va.
• In his first SEC start, Tyler Webb combined with three other Gamecock pitchers to hurl a one-hitter and help the Gamecocks sweep a three-game series vs. Tennessee in a 4-0 victory on Sunday. The victory for Webb was his first of the season.
• The freshman left-hander tied his longest out of his South Carolina career hurling 5.2 innings and struck out six batters while walking only three. The only hit that Webb allowed was a bunt base hit and he did not allow a runner to get past second base in his entire outing.