FROM CBB NEWS SOURCE
Ross Wilson • Alabama
Junior • 2B • Hoover, Ala.
• .467 (7-for-15) with three home runs and 10 RBI in the four-game series sweep against Stony Brook … He had two game-winning RBI in the series … Wilson added one double, two walks and scored five runs … He compiled an 1.133 slugging percentage and a .500 on-base mark.
• He went 2-for-5 in the series opener with a two-run home run in the first inning to jump start the Tide’s 15-run outburst … He was 1-for-3 with one RBI in the Tide’s 5-0 win in game two, collecting a first-inning sacrifice fly … Wilson tied his career high with two home runs and six RBI in the 13-6 win in game three … He hit a three-run home run in the seventh and eighth inning in the win.
PITCHER OF THE WEEK
Bryan Morgado • Tennessee
Junior • LHP • Miami, Fla.
• Tossed a gem in UT’s victory over Connecticut on Saturday…Claimed his second win of the season with seven shutout innings of one-hit ball…Set a season-high with nine strikeouts, while surrendering just one hit in the first inning…Sat down 19 of the final 21 batters he faced, including 12 straight at one point.
• Allowed just one runner, the double in the first, to advance past first during his seven innings on the mound..With his nine punch-outs, Morgado moved his career total to 208.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
Matt Vinson • Arkansas
OF • Alma, Ark.
• Hit a game-winning home run with two outs in the bottom of the tenth inning of Arkansas’ series finale against Wisc.-Milwaukee…the solo blast was the first home run of his career…three hits this week went for extra bases—Sunday’s home run and two triples.
• Hit a bases-clearing triple in the team’s midweek finale against South Dakota State and finished the game with a career-best four RBI…scored at least one run in each of Arkansas’ games this week…tied for the week’s lead with eight runs scored…also led the team during the week with six walks, a .526 on-base percentage and .909 slugging percentage.