FROM CBB NEWS SOURCE
Brian Fletcher Auburn Junior OF Fayetteville, Ga.
• Hit .636 with a 1.545 slugging percentage in the Auburn Classic – Collected three home runs, including a walk-off solo homer in the 10th to beat Boston College on Friday night … He now has 31 career home runs, which is ninth all-time for an Auburn career.
• Had 11 RBI during the weekend and now has 17 on the season in just six games – Has hit safely in all six games and has an 11-game hitting streak dating back to last season.
SEC PITCHER OF THE WEEK
Drew Pomeranz Ole Miss Junior LHP Collierville, Tenn.
• Pomeranz picked up the win on Friday night against Oakland, working a season-long 7.0 innings … Struck out 15 batters, finishing one shy of tying the school record for strikeouts in a game and one shy of tying his career-high in strikeouts … Held the Golden Grizzlies to a .160 batting average against as he limited them to one run on four hits – a solo home run.
• Only allowed the four base runners as he did not walk a batter … Of those four baserunners, only one advanced past first besides the home run … Closed out his appearance retiring 10 of the last 11 batters faced – eight of them by strikeout.
SEC FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
Hudson Randall Florida RHP Atlanta, Ga.
• Threw 5.0 scoreless innings on Wednesday in his first collegiate start to pick up a win over UCF…Delivered first-pitch strikes to 12 of the 18 batters he faced and 53 of his 71 pitchers were strikes.
• Allowed three singles, with three strikeouts and one walk…Is 1-0 with a 0.00 ERA in 6.1 innings this year…Has limited opponents to a .182 batting average in two appearances.