Mondays are usually a slow day around College Baseball so I will be checking in with my biggest five questions from the past weekend on every Monday.
- What has happened to the Nebraska program? They are coming off a 25-28-1 campaign and went a disappointing 8-19 in Big 12 play. It was only a few years ago when the Huskers were playing in Omaha in front of a partisan crowd.
- Oregon ended up going 3-1 this past weekend with wins over Cal-State Fullerton, Long Beach State, and Loyola-Marymount while losing to Pepperdine. Which Ducks team will show up for the 2010 Pac-10 conference schedule?
- Andrew Susac had an interesting start to his college career on Friday as he had two passed balls and two catcher’s interference called on him before being lifted by Pat Casey. He only has one official at bat after Monday’s game against Hawaii. This is an interesting development as Susac was expected to be an immediate contributor for the Beavers this season.
- I was speaking with Aman Reaka today who occasionally helps out around here and he made an excellent point about Dave Serrano’s suspension that if he did it in the minor leagues that he would have been suspended longer then three games. Do you think the three game suspension was enough?
- Eastern Michigan and Kansas ended up splitting a doubleheader on Monday with EMU winning 3-1 before KU grabbed the nightcap 9-5. How will the injury to Thompson affect the KU offense? Today, it looked like the Jayhawks could have used him in the opener but hopefully Thompson is back for the conference season.