- Went 8-for-16 (.500) with three doubles and six RBIS during the week to help Vols go 4-1…Hit .455 during the Vols series victory at No. 1 LSU; including three RBI and one home run…Scored six runs in five games.
- Two-run home run on Sunday against LSU helped the Vols earn 9-4 victory and the series…Hit pinch hit home run against Belmont on Tuesday night; three-run shot was his second of the year…Finished week with a 1.063 slugging percentage and .529 on-base percentage …In the midst of a seven-game hitting streak, during streak 12-for-21 (.571) .
PITCHER OF THE WEEK
Brett Eibner • Arkansas
Sophomore • RHP • Houston, Texas
- In two starts he was 1-0 on the week including a complete game one-hit shutout of the No. 1 ranked Georgia Bulldogs in Athens, Ga…Against the Bulldogs, he tossed Arkansas’ first one-hitter in more than 12 years.
- First time Georgia has been kept off the scoreboard in more than two years and the first time they have been one-hit in nearly 15…Eibner’s 12 strikeouts were the most by a Razorback pitcher since 2007…Shutout was the first by Arkansas against an SEC opponent on the road since 1994 … His nine innings of work, 12 strikeouts, one hit and zero walks were all career bests.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
Chad Wright • Kentucky
OF • Paducah, Ky.
- On the week, Wright batted a robust .550 (11-for-20), with a team-high 10 runs scored, two doubles, a triple, one homer, three RBI, three walks and a stolen base … Also during the week, Wright slugged for a team-best .900 percentage and a reached base at a club-high .609 clip
- Wright had a dominating week while helping the Wildcats to a 3-1 record, that saw a road win at rival Louisville (8-7) and Kentucky’s first series win at Mississippi State since the 1998 season …Wright reached safely in 15-of-17 plate appearances on the week.