Eastern Kentucky picked up a victory over Kentucky State on Wednesday afternoon by a score of 49-1. Eastern Kentucky is a member of the Ohio Valley Conference while Kentucky State is a member of Division 2 where they are struggling with a 2-16 record.
The Eastern Kentucky Media Relations department put out a very short press release which did not put the final score in it or bring up any news with the game. Check out the full release below.
RICHMOND, Ky. – The Eastern Kentucky University baseball team defeated Kentucky State on Wednesday afternoon at Turkey Hughes Field. The Colonels have now won 13 of their last 16 games and head into this weekend’s series with UT Martin with a record of 16-8 (4-2 OVC).
EKU will play host to the Skyhawks in a three game conference series this weekend at Turkey Hughes Field. Saturday’s doubleheader is scheduled to begin at 1:00 p.m. while Sunday’s game is also set to begin at 1:00 p.m.
Lets see a couple of points in the box score (Click here) and check out some highlights.
- Eastern Kentucky actually trailed after the top of the first 1-0 but responded with 22 runs in the bottom of the first inning.
- Jayson Langfels had the best day for Eastern Kentucky by going 7-8 with 11 RBI and six runs scored while hitting two homers.
- Jacob Daniel of Eastern Kentucky had eight RBI which was the second highest on the team.
- Jamaal Duncan of Kentucky State took the brunt of the damage by allowing 25 runs (14 earned) in his 2.1 innings on the hill. He only walked one batter though.
- Kentucky State committed nine errors in the game.
I think I forgot to mention that the game only lasted FIVE innings.