FROM CBB NEWS SOURCE
Seminole baseball is just 32 days from opening day.
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – Florida State Baseball is gearing up for what looks to be an exciting season in 2009. Following a run to the College World Series last year, the Seminoles hope to make a return trip to Omaha in ’09 returning 18 letterwinners, including five position starters, while welcoming 13 newcomers.
To provide fans with an inside look into the 2009 season, Seminoles.com is featuring daily highlights including interviews with all 33 players as well as a preview for the upcoming season as we count down the days to first pitch on Friday, February 20 against Hofstra.
With 32 days before the season opener against the Pride, Seminoles.com sat down for a question and answer session with sophomore southpaw Ryan Vigue. Vigue was the recipient of the Golden Torch Award after posting the highest GPA on the baseball team during the 2007-08 season:
1. What is your favorite professional sports team?
a. Boston Red Sox
2. What’s your favorite TV show?
a. Baseball Tonight
3. Most recent song you listened to on your iPod?
a. Can’t be touched
4. Who is your favorite pro athlete?
a. John Lester
5. Who is the best athlete you have competed against?
a. Buster Posey
6. What was the last movie you saw?
a. Pineapple Express
7. Dream vacation?
8. Favorite food?
a. Buffalo Chicken tenders
9. If you weren’t playing your current sport, what would you be doing?
a. Double Majoring
10. Favorite team tradition?
a. Pre game two-ball
11. Who makes you laugh?
a. My friends
12. Why did you pick FSU?
a. Have been an FSU fan since I was a little boy
13. Best memory from FSU?
a. First time getting on the mound
14. First job?
a. Renting out beach equipment
15. Talent I would most like to have?
16. Dream date?
a. Going somewhere on a private jet
17. Your words to live by…
a. Winning isn’t everything, it’s the only thing
18. One thing I can’t live without?
19. Favorite spot on campus?
a. Dick Howser
20. What is one superpower you wish you could have?
a. To Fly
21. When I am at home I like to?
a. Go fishing
22. Most influential person in your life?
23. On average I send _____ text messages a day
24. Facebook or MySpace?
25. Any pre game rituals?
26. I know it is game time when?
a. After team prayer