The Florida State Seminoles have picked up 11 commitments for the 2009 baseball season. The biggest recruit in name and physically is left-handed pitcher Kyle Long. He is listed as a 6-7 280 pound left handed pitcher/hitter who is the son of NFL Hall of Fame member Howie Long and brother of UVA linemen Chris Long. Kyle suffered a neck injury this football season which he was taken off on a stretcher and is one of the top offensive linemen in the country. He is expected to spurn Bobby Bowden and focus on playing baseball as he is projected as a high draft pick in 2008.
- Kris Castellanos, LHP, Brandon (Newsome)
- Spencer Dickinson, Util, Tequesta (Benjamin)
- Brian Ellington, RHP, Gainesville (Buchholz)
- Ben Francis, RHP, Gulf Coast Community College
- Sean Gilmartin, OF/LHP, Moor Park, Calif. (Crespi)
- Tyler Hibbs, RHP/IF, Odenton, Md. (Arundel)
- Kyle Long, 1B/LHP, Charlottesville, Va. (St. Anne’s-Belfield)
- Tyler Pastornicky, IF, Bradenton (Pendleton)
- James Ramsey, 2B/3B, Alpharetta, Ga. (Wesleyan)
- Hunter Scantling, RHP, Jacksonville (Episcopal)
Austin Wood, RHP, Niceville (Niceville)
Thanks to Chris Nee of Warchant.com for the information on the athletes and Perfect Game for the image of Kyle Long.